1.28.2005

On the road again...

So, my good friend Flavian (aka Brian, aka what-ever-the-hell-his-name-is-on-here-cause-I'm-too-lazy-to-look) and I went to Washington, DC. Again. This time, Ryan was absent, although there in spirit, I'm sure. Overall, it was a good trip. But, as always, mistakes were made. In the interest of serving the public (which is clearly my goal with this blog) I'd like to share a few of those mistakes with you, so that others can learn without suffering as I did.

1. The good people at the Mini-Cooper factory aren't kidding with that name. Those cars are NOT "road-trip friendly" in my book. I felt like I was riding around in a slightly more stylin' version of a clown car. But ya gotta love that gas mileage.

2. Don't eat falafel and leftover curry when you're going to be in a confined space for long periods of time. Look, I'm not pointing fingers here or anything, but I am saying that I don't remember passing a paper mill on the way up. The way down, however, was a different story.

3. If you are planning on attending a specific function, say the inauguration, plan to be on TIME for that function. An example of what not to do would be, say, leaving Orlando at 9am with an ETA of 12pm in DC. Somehow, this just doesn't work. See below for further explanation.

4. Bring maps. Oh, and I should specify further: Bring maps of the areas you'll be driving through and visiting. For example, if you are going to DC, you might want to include a map of DC, as well as the states between you and DC. This helps you figure out not only where you're going, but when you might arrive there. I suppose this should be obvious...

and finally,

5. Don't stop in South Carolina. We'll just leave it at that.

No comments: