6.26.2004

Waiting for my calzone...

So, I'm a vegan. And I'm sitting here at my desk patiently awaiting the delivery of my cheesy, crusty calzone.

I never said I was a good vegan.

See, the thing about being vegan is that, well, you can't eat cheese. I've tried to find loopholes in the definition of vegan-ation, but there just aren't any. Who knew it was even in the dictionary? I was hoping I would be able to co-opt it for my own evil cheese-loving purposes.

Nope.

And cheese-consumption obviously isn't reserved for rare occasions. I tried that, and failed. Suddenly, every day was a made up holiday where cheese was the traditional main course. So, I've given up the fight. And I'm tempted to write a stirring, Pochahontas-style tribute song about the journey. Something to the tune of Paint With All the Colors of the Wind..." but, you know, about cheese.

So now, fraught with guilt, I wait. Can you drown guilt with cheese and drool? I'm certainly going to try.

3 comments:

Sofiya said...

Mmm... calzone... I make my own calzone, just shout at me if you want the recipe. And I'm hopelessly addicted to cheese too, in spite of being a bit lactose-intolerant. :(

bikinikiller said...

oh you better know I want that recipe!!

So far, we've had the rule that we can only have cheese when we dine out. Of course, we've eaten out every night this week because of that. So, I think it's time to start accepting the cheese recipes again.

Sofiya said...

OK, I'll put the recipe on my blog. :)