11.14.2004

Welcome to Kerry Country

Okay, okay okay. I haven't posted anything for a while. Sorry bout that. I've mostly been stewing in bitterness, disbelief, and a bit of vegetable boullion.

But after much moping and a few suicide attempts, I've come to a conclusion. I can't force other people to see the world my way. I can't shove tolerance down the throats of those I can't tolerate. I can't change the outcome of this election.

I can, however, ignore it.

So that's the plan right now. There's a 2 bedroom apartment in central florida that is now, and will forever be, "Kerry country."

At first I wondered if this was a little too loopy even for me. Then I remembered Bush's first presidency. You know, the one that he didn't actually win. If that man could last 4 years running an entire country on delusion, then I could run my 800 square feet that way.

So the inauguration is set for Jan. 20. President Kerry is formally invited, but we likely will just have to pretend he's there. That's okay. It goes well with the theme: "Imaguration 2004!!"

No comments: