4.01.2005

Denied.

Ugh... I just finished watching the movie Garden State. It's almost as bad as Lost In Translation, but at least this time I wasn't deluded into thinking that ghostbusting might occur.

"Deep" romantic comedies make me want to gouge my eyes out. I can't stop watching them because I keep thinking that they have to get better. That's why I need to just gouge my eyes out, you see? I don't want to have to actively decide to turn it off. Because what if it does get better?

It never does.

And what's with the whole 'quirky girl saves the too-serious dude and convinces him to open up' plots? They suck. They've always sucked. From Along Came Polly to Lost In Translation to this crapalicious flick.

And honestly, eye candy for the straight girls. Please people. Work with me on this one. Look, I'm not saying that Zach Braff is an outright eyesore or anything, but between him and his grave-digging friends, I wasn't exactly stunned, visually speaking. Between the "barely-legal" waifs in their skivvies by the pool and the topless prostitute in the hotel, you'd think they could squeeze in *one hot guy* without his shirt. Or something.

Denied.

No comments: