8.28.2004

Much love

Much love to the fine folks at Park Avenue CD's (http://www.parkavecds.com/) in Winter Park, Florida. They were keeping a much sought after (by me) Julie Ruin CD, which I am currently rocking out to. Not only that, but I was able to score the Rock Against Bush compilation put out by Fat Wreck Chords for a mere $9. (Of course, if you want to buy it straight from fatwreck.com, they have it for an astonishingly low $6.)

But that's not all! I also got a lovely plastic bag with a black and white pic of Meatwad from ATHF (http://www.adultswim.com/shows/athf/index.html) to carry my purchase home in. It's so cool, it was almost worth the 25 bucks all by itself.

But back to the compilation CD. Honestly, people. This is a 2-disc compilation for six freaking dollars. If you don't have it, freaking get it. It's worth it for the Sleater-Kinney song "Off With Your Head" alone. I honestly think this could be the Best. Song. Ever. And that's a title I don't take lightly. I've previously reserved that title to apply only to the L7 song Wargasm. But I think this one might just knock it off it's deliciously angry and politically relevant throne.

Besides that, there are songs from well known and loved groups like Rancid, Hot Water Music, No Doubt, Green Day, Operation Ivy, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, Dropkick Murphys, Bouncing Souls, Flogging Molly, No Use For A Name, and the list goes on. Go buy this cd. I'm not joking. $6 can buy you some crappy take-out fried rice, or it can buy you a killer compilation cd that you'll treasure forever.

No comments: