8.19.2004

Oh, Charley. You got me this time, buckaroo!

Okay, okay.
Note to self: Don't taunt a hurricane.

We've now been without power for... 6 days? And don't even get me started on the smell from the backup of raw sewage. Dear god. There was a tree on top of our apartment, but thankfully, it has been removed. Amazingly, our apartment was not damaged. I have some crazy pictures of crushed cars and obliterated billboards that I'll post as soon as I have electricity again. Right now I'm at work, but there's no scanner here.

So, yeah. Things got ugly after my last post. Someone was looking out for me, though. Just as I was starting to get REALLY hungry, the front door was ripped open by the wind and a bag of completely unopened mini-doughnuts landed at my feet. It was sorta like manna from heaven. You know, if god worked at a Krispy Kreme.

We cleaned out the fridge last night. Man, was that a disaster. If I had known what kind of hell I would be releasing by opening that door, I would have thrown the whole thing out and bought a new one. It was like unleashing pure evil in the form of rotten veggie stink. We still haven't managed to completely destink it.
Note to self #2: Febreeze was not made for refrigerators.

One good thing to come out of this though: by the time we went to Target to get flashlights, the flashlight section was (surprise, surprise) completely ravaged. The only flashlights left were the kind that you wear on your forehead- for construction and stuff. Scott and I pretended to be disappointed and embarrassed at the thought of having to wear flashlights on our heads. But honestly, I think it might be a regular addition to my wardrobe. I mean really. It's so practical. I'm saddened to think that I've been wasting the space on my forehead for all these years when I could have been strapping a flashlight to it.

No comments: