8.13.2004

Riders of the Storm

Blogging to you live from Orlando, Florida where Hurricane Charley is tearing us a new one.

I'm at work right now. Yeah, I know. It sucks. I'm night operations, which means that I don't do much unless there's some sort of off-hours emergency. Such as, oh, a hurricane.

So I'm sitting here next to a giant glass wall. It's fucking AWESOME. The winds have officially been upgraded from heavy and boring to wicked cool and freaky.

We have one skylight down and water is pouring in. That's the only major damage so far. The doors (which are all glass. thanks guys) are bending and rattling like crazy. We've had a pretty much continual power outage, but thanks to working at a technical college, we have backup power.

So, I'll be here all night. Right now, I'm keeping an eye on things but it's getting REALLY ugly REALLY fast. Just moments ago a small cyclone nearly tore the doors off. I may have to move to the interior of the building momentarily. Shit this is cool.

No comments: