7.12.2004

The mindboggling excitement of school

I'm going to fill you all in on a few little secrets about exactly how fun school is not.

I'm an aerospace engineering major. What does this mean, you ask?

First of all, let me explain what it most certainly doesn't mean.

It doesn't mean that I want to hear about how you think "planes are sooooo neat."
It doesn't mean that I care that your father's sister's bestfriend's mom was a janitor for NASA and could, like, totally get me a great job there.
It doesn't mean that I want to hear you blather on about the one related theory you read a book on 10 years ago.

But most importantly, it doesn't mean that I find school exciting, people. I want to get the hell out of there just like everyone else. So don't ask me about my classes. Really. Don't ask me what aerodynamics is about. I'm not a pompous ass, I swear. But if you haven't had 3 years of differential equations, fluid mechanics and dynamics, what can I really tell you that you don't already know? It's about... aerodynamics. Would you ask someone taking English what their class was about? No. No you wouldn't. Because they call it English for a reason, don't they? Believe it or not, aerodynamics isn't a made up word. It too, has a definition.

Now, how about what being an aero major does mean. Let's see. It means I'm tired. Really tired.

And I think up a lot of fart jokes while I'm in class. Must be the 'flow of gases' thing.

1 comment:

bikinikiller said...

LOL, Julia. See, you feel my pain! It's so good to know that other people feel my pain. So who are these nutty folks who run around annoying college students? Seriously. I want addresses.