7.16.2004

Save your soul! And leave the booty for me!

This was brought to my attention at a message board that I frequent:
 
Left Behind
A Novel of the Earth's Last Days
Passengers aboard a Boeing 747 en route to Europe disappear. Instantly. Nothing remains except their rumpled piles of clothes, jewelry, fillings, surgical pins, and the like. All over the world, in a flash, cars are left unmanned.Terror and chaos continues worldwide as the cataclysm unfolds. For those left behind, the apocalypse has just begun. Synopsis: In one cataclysmic moment, millions around the world disappear. Airline captain Rayford Steele must search for his family, for answers, for truth.
 
From leftbehind.com
 
Okay- so let me get this straight. The "rapture" (heavy emphasis on the quotations, indicating my subtle mockery)  involves the immediate disappearance of right wing christians. They leave their jewelry, cars and other worldly posessions behind.
 
Does anyone see a downside to this plan?!?!
 
Sounds to me like God is playing one killer joke on these extremist followers. Really, I'm in awe of his sense of humor. It would take me a whole lotta weed to come up with this one. Way to hit that bong, Mr. Almighty.
 
I can't wait to melt down those fillings and create a nice golden idol out of... oh, say... http://www.grandstandsports.com/pages/8600.htm 

No comments: